SAFL leads in laboratory-based experimental water resources research and testing, and we are fully equipped to perform virtually any water- or wind-related measurement. We offer an extensive inventory of up-to-date, commercially available hydraulic and environmental measurement tools.
- Flumes and Channels – Hydraulic structures, sediment transport, bridge scour, hydrokinetic energy production, effects of turbulence on biogeochemical processes, and more
- Tunnels and Towers – High speed flow, wind energy, turbulence, cavitating and ventilated flow, other bubbly flows, plankton stratification, and more
- Hydraulic and Stratigraphic Basins – Hydraulic river models, pump intake model, fluvial geomorphology, and delta and fan modeling
- SAFL EcoLab – Interactions among fundamental fluid mechanics, microbiological processes, and chemical reactions that are mediated by biological organisms
To download a full copy of our facilities book, click here.
We also develop advanced technologies for faster, larger, and more precise data collection techniques:
- Automated positioning and measurement platforms
- Automated water surface profilers
- Digital imaging systems
- Suspended dynamic pressure and force measurement
- Sediment flux measurement
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.